Sunday:
As you think about the upcoming week, I hope you will try out at least one little grammar idea.
Let us know your plans and questions. I'm hoping that we can establish some interactions on this blog that will take advantage of our collective experience.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This is a first blog for me, so please forgive my blunders!
I started reading the book this morning and will try out the "Margaret Sleeps" routine tomorrow to get my feet wet. I will be working with only 2 students in this case. One 3rd grade and one 4th. One will have to be Margaret and the other sleeps or else I'll jump in.
let you know how it goes!
Sandy(ESL)
I have been using the sentence rods all week, and my students love manipulating them. I love the conversations the children are having. I was skeptical at first Saturday thinking it looks like fun, but the children are going to play or get bored easily. Well after playing about a half hour a day for four days straight my students are begging for them. The shining moment for me was when a struggling writer was writing a prompt response yesterday. About fifteen minutes into the writing task he tapped himself on the forehead and stated aloud, “That doesn't agree." The information is transferring!! Thank you.
I had my kids play around with the word letter beginnings where they had to think of similar words using each letter of the alphabet. They were a little frustrated at first, but once they realized they didn't have to get them all, they got into it.
The book helped to clarify a lot for me. During class when we were talking about determiners and auxiliaries etc..., I felt a little out of the loop. However, once I read the book, I realized that they were just different words for things I did know about. It made me feel a lot better.
Post a Comment